User login

Navigation

My theory of the creation of the "Commander" aka "the real founder of Umbrella is behind everything".

  • strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 1118.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display.inc on line 1707.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display_page::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display_page.inc on line 479.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display_block::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display_block.inc on line 184.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display_attachment::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display_attachment.inc on line 228.
  • strict warning: Declaration of panels_plugin_display_panel_pane::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/panels/panels_views/panels_plugin_display_panel_pane.inc on line 351.
  • strict warning: Declaration of date_plugin_display_attachment::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/date/includes/date_plugin_display_attachment.inc on line 34.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_field.inc on line 590.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_sort_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_sort.inc on line 82.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 584.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 584.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 608.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_many_to_one::init() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::init(&$view, $options) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_many_to_one.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_term_node_tid::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/modules/taxonomy/views_handler_filter_term_node_tid.inc on line 288.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 61.
21 replies [Last post]
oops i did it again
Joined: 02/22/2010
Posts: 11
User offline. Last seen 1 day 2 hours ago.

While a good deal of RE fans put their focus on Wesker returning from the grave,  debating wheter his immortality provided him enough power as to avoid being consumed by lava, nobody turn their attention to the fact that although Ozwell Spencer was killed by Wesker, BUT what was left of Spencer´s decrepit body still could be used to forge a new leader for Umbrella, one new leader enhanced by all the research and technology after the events of RE 5...

Think about it if during Resident Evil 0 the leechs were able to create a young Marcus doppleganger with all Marcus´ memories after they got inside his DNA, then when Resident Evil 6 happened we saw "cloning" an individual  from another entirely different person (Carla Radames becoming Ada Wong). While maybe the rival company perhaps would not try and pursue such tactics, i think the Executive is none other than son of the scientist that created the Wesker Children, and he would also be in charge of these projects to create this Uber Commander genetically enginereed by turning the mercenary Hunk into a new Ozwell E. Spencer. He would be able to retrieve Spencer´s dna, heck he could make a cocktail and enhance Hunk to make him as strong and resilient as Albert Wesker was, maybe even more since now the experiments and research can go even further thanks to the mutamycete of the E-series. 

The Monopoly Guy
Neptune's picture
Joined: 12/30/2007
Posts: 1925
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 37 min ago.

yes, its possible absolutely. I wonder whether there is an appetite for a returning Spencer. He is not widely known outside the RE universe as opposed to Wesker. It's one of the series biggest failings post RE5, not having a consistant villian or villianous coperation. It has made the franchise very "bitty" in that sense.

Regardless of the evidence, or lack of to show a Wesker return, if that were to happen - considering it already has once, would be a terrible story idea and proof if RE6 wasnt evidence enough, they have no idea about where to take the series. 

RE7 is a soft reboot and I would happy to see HCF and the fungus become the new staple.

__________________


"You're gunna need a bigger boat"
Neo Umbrella - that's a great name! ~~ BatMan

Horror Survivalist
Joined: 08/11/2017
Posts: 14
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 32 sec ago.

Neptune wrote:

yes, its possible absolutely. I wonder whether there is an appetite for a returning Spencer. He is not widely known outside the RE universe as opposed to Wesker..

That would ruin things far more than a Wesker revival. Spencer being a decrepid old man who was forever killed in a single stroke was poetic.

Besides, Spencer has no place in this new arc. Wesker obviously does (alive or dead).

Quote:
Regardless of the evidence, or lack of to show a Wesker return, if that were to happen - considering it already has once, would be a terrible story idea and proof if RE6 wasnt evidence enough, they have no idea about where to take the series. 

RE7 is a soft reboot and I would happy to see HCF and the fungus become the new staple.

Nowhere to take the series? Did you play 7? Wesker being alive or dead doesn't ultimately change the BU plot. Either way we have a main antagonist, and a main plot that is both new and a continuation of past plots.

Saying a Wesker revival means they are out of ideas is strange, considering the original  ideas they are simultaneously putting out.

All 6 showed was they jumped the gun in 5 closing things up without anything substantial to continue the series, namely both antagonists, who tied into everything leading up to that point. They had to manufacture Jake because the narrative is dependant on those key players.

Even if Wesker is forever dead, everything about BU is centered around him. Since the plot is going to revolve around him no matter what, why not just stop trying to make excuses to involve him and just bring him back? Feels less cheap that way, honestly. If the executive is able to fulfill the role he is being placed in well, I'm indifferent as to his true identity. Especially if the significance of 5 is left intact, and I believe it would be.

__________________

Diagnosed Capcom Apologetic and Body Horror Enthusiast.

oops i did it again
Joined: 02/22/2010
Posts: 11
User offline. Last seen 1 day 2 hours ago.

 

Well Eveline was a decrepit old woman during the events of Resident Evil 7 and look at all the chaos she created, also there is no reason they couldn´t use another character which is younger like Hunk and shape him to be the next leader of Umbrella using any of the viruses necessary for that (evolved T-virus leech, C-virus or even tinkering with the mutamycete of RE 7).

So if they used Spencer once again they could make him look way younger somewhat similar to what they did to James Marcus leechman, but way way cooler because Spencer is the real founder of Umbrella afterall and the one who began everything related with progenitor virus research, which in the end created this uber powered villain Albert Wesker . 

Albert Wesker´s influence still lingers regardless of him being alive, he doesn´t need to show up during story modes anymore as his presence is  felt through easter eggs and these special cameos at the minigames, mercenaries, REV 2,  etc.

If you think about Capcom has made Wesker first death and rebirth when the Tyrant impaled Wesker, and how has Spencer died? Impaled by Wesker... This to me is poetic, its sort of a signal if this villain is introduced and gets killed in a visually powerful way, it should be a big surprise to anyone if he returns. While the real Wesker returning  once again would feel way cheaper for a good deal of Resident Evil fans and even Wesker fans, because his return sincerely would do more harm then good to RE. 

Spencer on the other hand had a similar plan to Wesker? We never know, Wesker wanted to become a God but while Wesker attempted that through the release of Uroboros, Spencer never really got to put his final plans into motion, so now would be an interesting time to know all deep shit the original Umbrella was meant to accomplish if the Wesker children were dead, but Spencer still lied to Wesker since he only knew Alex went missing but there was no guarantee she was dead when Albert and Spencer were having their meeting at the Spencer State. So in a way everything hapenning with BU could simply be the way the Executive found to keep the rival company believing Wesker is in the command however it covering for  the real commander which is in fact Hunk the perfect soldier genetically modified to be Spencer. 

 

Wesker Child
Weskers Report's picture
Joined: 02/24/2017
Posts: 219
User is online

The Commander could turn out to be nothing outside of Umbrella Corps though.

Rember that Umbrella guy that Sergei rescued in the helicopter that was never mentioned again?

it seems like he was the biggest deal right? But never mentioned again.

like that.

Horror Survivalist
Joined: 08/11/2017
Posts: 14
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 32 sec ago.

Weskers Report wrote:

The Commander could turn out to be nothing outside of Umbrella Corps though.

Rember that Umbrella guy that Sergei rescued in the helicopter that was never mentioned again?

it seems like he was the biggest deal right? But never mentioned again.

like that.

The man in the helicopter can be dismissed as a random executive. No real importance is placed on him, and he is not involved in any established plotline, arc, whatever. Sergei could have shot him afterwards, if he was one of the people on Spencer's kill list.

__________________

Diagnosed Capcom Apologetic and Body Horror Enthusiast.

The Monopoly Guy
Neptune's picture
Joined: 12/30/2007
Posts: 1925
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 37 min ago.

EvilResident wrote:

Neptune wrote:

yes, its possible absolutely. I wonder whether there is an appetite for a returning Spencer. He is not widely known outside the RE universe as opposed to Wesker..

That would ruin things far more than a Wesker revival. Spencer being a decrepid old man who was forever killed in a single stroke was poetic.

Besides, Spencer has no place in this new arc. Wesker obviously does (alive or dead).

Quote:
Regardless of the evidence, or lack of to show a Wesker return, if that were to happen - considering it already has once, would be a terrible story idea and proof if RE6 wasnt evidence enough, they have no idea about where to take the series. 

RE7 is a soft reboot and I would happy to see HCF and the fungus become the new staple.

Nowhere to take the series? Did you play 7? Wesker being alive or dead doesn't ultimately change the BU plot. Either way we have a main antagonist, and a main plot that is both new and a continuation of past plots.

Saying a Wesker revival means they are out of ideas is strange, considering the original  ideas they are simultaneously putting out.

All 6 showed was they jumped the gun in 5 closing things up without anything substantial to continue the series, namely both antagonists, who tied into everything leading up to that point. They had to manufacture Jake because the narrative is dependant on those key players.

Even if Wesker is forever dead, everything about BU is centered around him. Since the plot is going to revolve around him no matter what, why not just stop trying to make excuses to involve him and just bring him back? Feels less cheap that way, honestly. If the executive is able to fulfill the role he is being placed in well, I'm indifferent as to his true identity. Especially if the significance of 5 is left intact, and I believe it would be.

 

It would be cheap and a poor excuse of a story considering his death has already been done 20 years ago. It would be strong evidence that capcom cannot create a good storyline without resorting to a previously done to death story plot point.

 

And I would dispute the so called evidence about weaker returning. Don't be taken in by this evidence. Whilst BU may be founded on weskers ideals and research, that is not a good enough point about bringing him back. 

 

The evidence is just as strong about someone moulding a company in the image of Wesker than it is about wesker returning, and surely that on a fundamental story telling level would be far superior about another Chris v Wesker fight which was finished off in RE5 

 

Alternatively we have a new villian inspired by Wesker working for HCF discovering the fungus for e-series and going ahead like that.

__________________


"You're gunna need a bigger boat"
Neo Umbrella - that's a great name! ~~ BatMan

Wesker Child
Weskers Report's picture
Joined: 02/24/2017
Posts: 219
User is online

EvilResident: The hint for BU lies in Neptune’s avatar.

look closely on the shoulder of Simmons.

i just fuckin spoiled it but oh well. This convo was going on for too long.

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

Quote:
The evidence is just as strong about someone moulding a company in the image of Wesker than it is about wesker returning

A look at the story text in the game makes it quite clear that it's specifically Wesker in some form. It drops one too many very specific hints to just be some new random guy. From his leading the company, to Wesker's projects he revives, to having witnessed the BIO4 incident to having prior experience with the Plaga, etc. Then the multiplayer goes one further and just outright gives him Wesker's voice, complete with all of his mannerisms and beliefs. He's referred to as "Sir" by the other two employees and there's always a constant threat of death from him, indicating that this person in the multiplayer is the same "Executive" talked about in The Experiment--- coupled with his significant belief in CQBZ as the future of modern warfare.

The Albert-01 booklet also makes it clear that Wesker conceived CQBZ as well as the anti-B.O.W. weapons Blue Umbrella now produces:

Quote:
While adoring the t-Virus' prominent bioenhancements, he envisioned situations involving "facing t-Virus equipped enemies" and explored countermeasures, embodying the nature of a schemer. As many research findings were confiscated from his personal effects after his death, among them the study of many "physical weapons", it became clear once more that he was a schemer.

So what were his anti t-Virus thoughts?

Imagine the development of high-powered weapons, armaments and viruses surpassing the t-Virus-- this way of thinking is merely a cyclical arms race and it seems he chose not to sit around waiting for the malaise in present society, though that's our speculation. His research findings hold an abundance of sublime countermeasure tactics against a variety of viral weapons, defining an imperative total neutralization. Then he considered not only neutralizing one side's viral weapons, but also situations where each of their viral weapons were neutralized. The essence of his seemingly contradictory research on physical weapons and total neutralization was to prepare effective countermeasure weapons under any circumstances-- in other words his goal was to mitigate the "contradiction."

This is the whole premise of CQBZ, which is revived by the executive. It's also stated to have been advocated/proposed by HUNK who also devised its equipment. So at any rate I can see a plot involving Wesker recruiting HUNK at some point. It would make sense for him to headhunt former Umbrella personnel especially those who fulfil his desire for survival of the fittest: HUNK is the fittest of all in Wesker's eyes. CQBZ plays an additional role for Wesker in identifying those worthy of survival.

There is no comparison to Umbrella Chronicles' old man in the helicopter for whom no information exists at all let alone the wealth on Wesker. He isn't even said to be an executive, Wesker is referring to Sergei, not the old man who he most likely has no clue about. It might have been intended to be Spencer at one stage but he was most likely just added to give Sergei someone to talk to.

__________________

The Monopoly Guy
Neptune's picture
Joined: 12/30/2007
Posts: 1925
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 37 min ago.

It simply doesn't. It's an interpretation of what's being said and not a bad one, but as I have said, the evidence is just as strong that someone aspires to be wesker.

 

It's quite possible and probably more likely that we have a Morpheus follower type character who has devoted his or her life to Albert. We don't know. It could swing one way or the other.

 

And for one thing I refuse to believe that a huge plot point like this would be buried in a PS4 exclusive non canon multiplayer game from a game that was rushed out. It would be like having the operator from.mercenaries in RE3 being the main plot point going forward. Unlikely. But at least that would be in a numbered game!

 

All I've said is evidence is poor at the moment. And if it does prove to be right with Wesker returning it's a crap storyline and would show capcom cannot come up with any decent villian, a problem that's been prevelant since RE5.

Remake2 could hint at the makeup of the rival company, HCF and RE7

__________________


"You're gunna need a bigger boat"
Neo Umbrella - that's a great name! ~~ BatMan

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

It swings heavily toward Wesker and the only way you could think otherwise is if you haven't actually gone through the game in any depth.

Umbrella Corps has always been canon since it was announced, in fact the multiplayer IS the story according to the developers and the voice files weave it. It's also not a "huge" plot point, Wesker would actually appear if it was. At present it acts as a setup so that when Wesker does return in some form, it isn't completely out of left field.

The evidence is not poor at all. It's Wesker. It doesn't make any sense for them to use his involvement in BIO4 as a hint only to end up making it a character who had no involvement in BIO4 at all. This hint was used quite deliberately because BIO4 was the beginning of the Umbrella revival plot--- the one we're in now and the one Wesker conceived.

__________________

Horror Survivalist
Joined: 08/11/2017
Posts: 14
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 32 sec ago.

It's one thing to say "I don't want him to return", another to ignore the very deliberate implications given recently that they at the very least want us to consider it.

I also find the hyperbole tiring. People love to jump to the conclusion that the series is broken or has reached Anderson levels of ineptitude. To say the devs have run out of ideas because they may consider bringing Wesker back is ignoring any creativity they are simultaneously putting out. Maybe someone demanded the writers find a way to bring Albert back to increase interest, or maybe someone has a scenario in mind in which he is nessesary. If I can swallow T-Rex Simmons, brain absorbing leeches, electric forcfielded, biological high heeled Morpheus, and countless other examples, I can swallow a Wesker revival. Besides, immortality is something that they have been escalating towards since the beginning, with each game giving more and more drastic examples of it.

I don't want it to happen. I don't detest the idea either. As long as they can create a good story from it, and give us an antagonist that lasts, I'm content. I get the feeling plenty of the people complaining about it won't ultimately care as much as they let on either. The complaints I'm hearing now are suspiciously similar to those I've heard for years now.

__________________

Diagnosed Capcom Apologetic and Body Horror Enthusiast.

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 48 min ago.

Nothing in that passage you quoted is about CQBZ. CBBZ is not a 'countermeasure' or the development of 'high-powered armaments, weapons and viruses surpassing the t-Virus'. CQBZ stands for 'Close Quarters (quarrantined) Battle Zone' and is a 'system' designed for the Umbrella Corps game. All it is is a small confined combat zone between two combatants with the added implementation of infected virus carriers. It is not some revolutionary thing that is going to help Blue Umbrella take over the world. Likewise CQBZ is said to originate from Hunk, not Wesker. 

I don't think anyone disputes the story text is a sly hint towards Wesker, but it is telling he is never outright named or described which is odd if he is then formally identified in the multiplayer. The text in The Experiment is vague enough that it could be anyone else working for the rival company. Wesker left them in 2006 and whoever the executive is has had six years to rise to power, which is just the same amount of time Wesker had from when he left Umbrella. I still find it genuinely staggering that a small pocket of the community somehow thinks the possibility of a successor or follower is more unlikley than the rather implausible scenario of Wesker surviving being fully submerged in lava that is consuming the surrounding landscape - without a head - and whilst infected by a virus that is destroyed by extreme heat. 

I still advocate multiplayer is completely meaningless outside the overall premise, and you can cry about that all you want but there is absolutely nothing so far that suggests otherwise and plenty to support it. The incusion of Wesker is just one of many problems with multiplayer. But rather than argue, let's just wait another three weeks and find out for sure. 

But I do think you are overstating the importance of CQBZ. I have absolute confidence it will never be referred to again unless by some miracle Umbrella Corps gets a sequel. 

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

CQBZ is a literal countermeasure in the same way CQB is a countermeasure. Do you even know what countermeasure means? All fighting styles are countermeasures. Ridiculous attempt. It also doesn't say anything about developing high-powered weapons surpassing the t-Virus etc. Wesker's research actually says this is NOT desirable. The very next sentence which you conveniently excluded makes this very clear:

Quote:
this way of thinking is merely a cyclical arms race and it seems he chose not to sit around waiting for the malaise in present society, though that's our speculation.

The malaise in question is that development, which we have been seeing for years in the series with evermore powerful weapons and viruses. Wesker's research focused on tactics like those CQBZ is comprised of.

CQBZ is "the future of modern warfare." It's not unlike CQC in Metal Gear Solid. It is close quarters combat with infected hosts and non-infected individuals under a virus-contaminated environment. In other words, a fighting style coupled with weapons and equipment tailored to it. This is exactly what is described in Wesker's notes, and yes, HUNK did advocate CQBZ and devise equipment, but this doesn't negate the fact that Wesker's research is fundamental to it, nor does it remove the possibility of them knowing each other since HUNK seems to be in Wesker's camp now. It's also probable that the particular Grim Reaper they refer in the press material is 3A7, who does help create and test CQBZ and weapons and equipment like the Zombie Jammer or custom firearms.

The Experiment's text is not at all vague. What it describes can only apply to Wesker, then the multiplayer doubles down on it. They COULD introduce some randomer, but you need actual evidence of that.

Quote:
I still advocate multiplayer is completely meaningless outside the overall premise

The developers explicitly say otherwise. The multiplayer is just as story-relevant as The Experiment, backed up by the fact that it continues the very same plot elements introduced in The Experiment. There are no "problems" with the multiplayer let alone Wesker's inclusion, this is wishful thinking on your part because you dislike the possibility. I'm not going to debate the multiplayer with you anymore because you have nothing more to say now than you did a year ago. Simply saying something doesn't make it true. If you want to prove the multiplayer isn't canon despite the developers' assertion, then show me the receipts.

Quote:
But I do think you are overstating the importance of CQBZ. I have absolute confidence it will never be referred to again unless by some miracle Umbrella Corps gets a sequel.

Blue Umbrella using a shotgun in Not A Hero is already a reference to it. Blue Umbrella's weapons are made with CQBZ in mind, and CQBZ specifically excludes rifles and emphasizes shotguns. CQBZ is also The Executive's method of natural selection. Those skilled with it and able to use it to defeat B.O.W.'s (like 3A7 or HUNK) are worthy of survival in his view. So no, it's not just a gimmick, and CQBZ's revival is a significant plot point since it was ordered by The Executive and is crucial to Blue Umbrella's plans.

We can actually discern that Blue Umbrella hasn't trained anyone but their own soldiers in CQBZ too since Shen Ya use rifles on Sonido de Tortuga.

__________________

The Monopoly Guy
Neptune's picture
Joined: 12/30/2007
Posts: 1925
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 37 min ago.

EvilResident wrote:

It's one thing to say "I don't want him to return", another to ignore the very deliberate implications given recently that they at the very least want us to consider it.

I also find the hyperbole tiring. People love to jump to the conclusion that the series is broken or has reached Anderson levels of ineptitude. To say the devs have run out of ideas because they may consider bringing Wesker back is ignoring any creativity they are simultaneously putting out. Maybe someone demanded the writers find a way to bring Albert back to increase interest, or maybe someone has a scenario in mind in which he is nessesary. If I can swallow T-Rex Simmons, brain absorbing leeches, electric forcfielded, biological high heeled Morpheus, and countless other examples, I can swallow a Wesker revival. Besides, immortality is something that they have been escalating towards since the beginning, with each game giving more and more drastic examples of it.

I don't want it to happen. I don't detest the idea either. As long as they can create a good story from it, and give us an antagonist that lasts, I'm content. I get the feeling plenty of the people complaining about it won't ultimately care as much as they let on either. The complaints I'm hearing now are suspiciously similar to those I've heard for years now.

 

I hear what your saying but I'm not ignoring the evidence on the contrary,  my stance is very clear , the evidence just isn't compelling to me at the moment and I come at that with my laywer hat on.

 

I'm probably the only one not coming to a conclusion. I'm sitting so on the fence , I've built a house on it. And as the famous saying goes, my opinion will change when there is evidence.

 

There's nods and hints of a tints here and there but at this stage no one can say whether Wesker is returning is or not. I'm not that much of a knob jockey.

 

For all we know capcom were just trolling. You don't know I don't know. What is undeniable is that Umbrella corps was written intentionally vague to give future writers freedom to do what they want. Follow a direct story thread or ignore it.

 

Saying anything to the contrary really is an over estimation of their own opinion

 

__________________


"You're gunna need a bigger boat"
Neo Umbrella - that's a great name! ~~ BatMan

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

Quote:
For all we know capcom were just trolling.

These sort of arguments are desperate.

__________________

Horror Survivalist
Joined: 08/11/2017
Posts: 14
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 32 sec ago.

I may lean towards a certain side of the fence, but I'm still sitting on it.

__________________

Diagnosed Capcom Apologetic and Body Horror Enthusiast.

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 48 min ago.

Yes I know what countermeaures are and two teams fighting in a quarrantine zones with virus carriers in the middle is not a countermeasure no matter which way you look at it.

The next sentence says he chose not to sit around waiting, he simply got on with it. 

Standard CQC has been used for decades, CQBZ may only be the future of warfare because bioterrorism is spreading and their are more and more infection zones where combat is going to take place. That's all.

The developers don't say otherwise at all. They've said countless times there is no story and that the battles are the story. That's the whole point of the game. There are countless problems with the multiplayer besides Wesker. The Tricell level we've already discussed, and likewise their is no reason the marketplace in the middle of Lanshiang would have zombies in 2016. 

No, Blue Umbrella using a shotgun in Not A Hero is a reference to the weapons created by the the researchers of Blue Umbrella based on Wesker's research. Nothing to do with CQBZ. CQBZ doesn't exclude rifles at all because CQBZ is exactly what is described above, it has nothing to do with what individual weapons are used. CQBZ is also not The Executive's method of natural selection. It is simply a way of finding worthy soldiers which is the whole point of The Experiment. 

We can discern that many organisations are involved in CQBZ because that is the exact premise of the game.

 

 

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

The Monopoly Guy
Neptune's picture
Joined: 12/30/2007
Posts: 1925
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 37 min ago.

News Bot wrote:

Quote:
For all we know capcom were just trolling.

These sort of arguments are desperate.

 

Ah man, go back to school about what an argument is man! Let's re-read what I wrote here:

'for all we know, capcom were just trolling'

 

That's not an argument which implies an opinion. What I have stated is a potential fact based on someone's else's intentions. We don't know intentions. Unless you have a mole in capcom.

 

If you read my whole reply it clearly shows where a sensible position is at this stage. Now you advocate a view of Wesker returning and put forward your arguments. Fine. But unless you have some inside information about RE8 or future plans, my very sensible position quite frankly is fair and square.

 

No one could realistically come to a definitive conclusion about the series future at this stage until more information comes available.

 

But yes argue for the sake of it 

__________________


"You're gunna need a bigger boat"
Neo Umbrella - that's a great name! ~~ BatMan

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

Using CQBZ to fight human soldiers in a virus environment (in other words, with B.O.W.'s around as seen in the game) makes CQBZ a countermeasure.

You need to actually read things:

Quote:
His research findings hold an abundance of sublime countermeasure tactics against a variety of viral weapons, defining an imperative total neutralization. Then he considered not only neutralizing one side's viral weapons, but also situations where each of their viral weapons were neutralized. The essence of his seemingly contradictory research on physical weapons and total neutralization was to prepare effective countermeasure weapons under any circumstances-- in other words his goal was to mitigate the "contradiction."

Quote:
Standard CQC has been used for decades, CQBZ may only be the future of warfare because bioterrorism is spreading and their are more and more infection zones where combat is going to take place. That's all.

That is the point.

Quote:
The developers don't say otherwise at all. They've said countless times there is no story and that the battles are the story. That's the whole point of the game. There are countless problems with the multiplayer besides Wesker. The Tricell level we've already discussed, and likewise their is no reason the marketplace in the middle of Lanshiang would have zombies in 2016.

Battles overlaid with story dialogue that creates the battle's narrative at any given time. There's nothing wrong with TRICELL HQ or Lanshiang, the latter is the only map without an accompanying story but it is not implausible that, like every other quarantine zone, Lanshiang still had areas with Zombies. It's evidently quite common all around the world in 2016.

Quote:
No, Blue Umbrella using a shotgun in Not A Hero is a reference to the weapons created by the the researchers of Blue Umbrella based on Wesker's research. Nothing to do with CQBZ. CQBZ doesn't exclude rifles at all because CQBZ is exactly what is described above, it has nothing to do with what individual weapons are used. CQBZ is also not The Executive's method of natural selection. It is simply a way of finding worthy soldiers which is the whole point of The Experiment.

Research that formed the basis of CQBZ, yes. The point of The Experiment was to revive CQBZ, this is stated outright by Abraham Jackson and given how he put his eggs in this one basket for promotion, Blue Umbrella (the executive in this case) values CQBZ deeply.

CQBZ does exclude rifles. Hence why there are no rifles in UC and instead focus is given on shotguns and PDWs. Oh and the developers said as much:

Quote:
携行する銃器は、ライフルなどの長射程の武器ではなく、PDWやショットガンと言った比較的ショートレンジの物が選ばれています。

"The main carried firearms weren't long-range weapons like rifles, but things of relatively short-range namely shotguns and PDWs were selected."

Quote:

We can discern that many organisations are involved in CQBZ because that is the exact premise of the game.

Actually the multiplayer almost entirely features Umbrella Corps soldiers fighting each other under a variety of circumstances, from recruitment, training to "separating the wheat from the chaff." All outlined by the story dialogue that goes with the multiplayer. There are some groups trained in CQBZ presumably, but Shen Ya probably ain't one.

The premise you always refers to is some PR tripe that simply is not reflected by the game.

__________________

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 48 min ago.

No it's not a countermeaure. It's just an extension of what has been occuring in the series since the start, albeit with the introduction of a second faction. Nothing in the quotes you are providing back up even an iota of what you are saying. Wesker looked at ways to neutralise weapons and create countermeasures based on all he learned during his time at Umbrella. The fruits of this research are the new anti-virus weapons. That's the story point here. Two factions fighting in a biohazard zone with zombies or B.O.W.s in the middle is not creating a situation where each side has their virus weapons being neutralised. You are trying to force a square peg into a round hole by trying to connect this to CQBZ.

Langshiang is completely implausible given the marketplace was miles away from Taitchi and never had any zombies in the first place. It was sealed off to contain the Rasklapanje which was killed by Leon in 2012. We are now four years beyond that and you literally have to invent a new outbreak to support your argument when we already know Lanshiang is there because story was discarded in favour of nostagic maps. - Again another point why the premise of multiplayer is canonical but the specific elements are not. 

There are no rifles in Umbrella Corps because no environments are suited for such. The game was designed for purposeful fast flowing quck combat in tiny environments. It's not built for snipers to be sat on rooftops picking off targets for hours on end. Again, that is not a massive story point, it's a development choice. 

 

The premise of multiplayer is about various corporations hiring mercenaries to go into biohazard zone and steal data, all of which is wrapped around the concept of CQBZ - the battle system designed for this particular game. "Seperating wheat from chaff" and "being worthy of the new world" are just recycled variants of what Wesker said in RE5.

You say Wesker is the executive and that CQBZ is his method of natural selection... So this means Wesker has somehow switched his view of changing the world through Uroboros and identifying only those with superior DNA as being worthy of survival - to those surviving close quarters battle zone combat against B.O.W.s now being worthy? What an idiotic idea. 

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Captain Redfield's picture
Joined: 09/16/2016
Posts: 228
User offline. Last seen 42 min 52 sec ago.

I keep saying, people are taking Wesker's return way too seriously. The evidence is indeed very superficial, don't be surprised if Wesker doesn't return in the next 10 years (which means never).
He's gone people, be thankful that he still appears in Raid Mode, Mercenaries etc... Time to move on.

__________________

"Trust is built through actions, not words..."

- Chris Redfield