User login

Navigation

Blue Umbrella

  • strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 1118.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display.inc on line 1707.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display_page::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display_page.inc on line 479.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display_block::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display_block.inc on line 184.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display_attachment::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display_attachment.inc on line 228.
  • strict warning: Declaration of panels_plugin_display_panel_pane::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/panels/panels_views/panels_plugin_display_panel_pane.inc on line 351.
  • strict warning: Declaration of date_plugin_display_attachment::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/date/includes/date_plugin_display_attachment.inc on line 34.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_field.inc on line 590.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_sort_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_sort.inc on line 82.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 584.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 584.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 608.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_many_to_one::init() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::init(&$view, $options) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_many_to_one.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_term_node_tid::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/modules/taxonomy/views_handler_filter_term_node_tid.inc on line 288.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/projectu/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 61.
19 replies [Last post]
Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago.

Let's look at  few points:

What is their mission?

-Appears too early to say at the moment but predicitably it seems to be simply to replace the old one, albeit they have some groundwork to do first in order to build up public trust, hence Wesker's posthumous role with the anti-B.O.W. research.

Do they want to replace/destroy the B.S.A.A.?

-Eventually as they will become the main enemy - but not right away. At this moment in time they are using the B.S.A.A. to get back to the top of the pile. Supplying weapons and equipment to the B.S.A.A. to make them more effective and recruiting Chris Redfield has done much to allow Umbrella to become a recognised trading company again Red ---> Blue Umbrella. This is actually a plot point Capcom have used before as the private BCU from Umbrella Chronicles that Chris and Jill joined to raid the Russian base was actually part funded by the rival company so they would have better weapons, vehicles and equipment to take Umbrella down. It also explains why Wesker is able to listen in to all of their conversations via hidden bugs in the helicopter.

Who is The Executive?

-We'll probably never know. He devised and was in charge of The Experiments. Some believe it is Wesker based on ambiguous statements of people being highly afraid of him and him having ties to the village in RE4. Whilst I've no doubt Capcom have deliberately stirred the pot with the wording here, the fact remains he is never named or described outright to provide any form of confirmation. LIkewise, the rival company's own employees have seemingly never heard of Wesker or even know what he looks like, which seems highly unlikely given his history and that it was his vision to reform Umbrella in the first place. The executive was also a supporter of CQBZ, which is an odd notion considering Wesker's goal was to destroy humanity with essentially an armageddon virus and leave only those worthy of suvival left behind. No matter which way you look at it, CQBZ does not go hand in hand with that vision. It is much more likely this individual was an associate or follower of Wesker. But as to whether he has a larger role in the story I'm highly doubtful. If Capcom truly are to start a larger plot line with Blue Umbrella, then I think it will take a while before the company has any identifiable faces from its highest levels of power. I think the executive will simply remain nameless and ambiguous, just like the old man on the helicopter at the end of Death's Door in Umbrella Chronicles.

Is Wesker back?

-No, because there is simply no evidence to support it at this stage. Any fan who has followed this series for a long time knows that the simplest explanations are usually what turns out to be true in these cases. An ideal example is the whole Chris debacle in 7. Capcom told us it was him, and the supplemental story material told us it was him, and yet many people still dismissed this. Even when we got internal monologues from his point of view describing events and feelings only he could know, we still get people postulating about clones and mind transfers. Low and behold, in the end it was actually Chris - for reasons Capcom explained shortly after the DLC was announced. This same logic will apply to Wesker's role in RE7. The AWM01 archives (which is incidentally the best supplemental material we've had for a long time) directly ties into the events of RE7 and explains a little of the backstory, most notably the rise of Blue Umbrella. What people are seemingly willing to overlook is that this material supports the idea that Wesker is still very much dead and gone. Wesker developed his anti-BOW research in secret and the material suggests he was not going to share it with the rest of his organisation. Prior to his death in 2009 Wesker had never created any anti-BOW weaponry, nor had he entered into any secret alliance with the B.S.A.A. or any similar organisations. This material was found seized after his death and has used in such a way Wesker would not. That is telling - especially if he is back from the dead and now seemingly running Blue Umbrella. The very discovery of this research suggests that someone inside the rival company has access to UMF-013 and this could also explain why this person draws many similarities to Wesker without it actually being him. 

As for Wesker's voice in multiplayer well I'm not going to repeat what I've said time and time again. It's an easter egg and people cannot simply dismiss that out of hand when there's nothing to suggest otherwise. The series is littered with them, 'Biohazard 4' playing at a cinema in Raccoon City, 'NEMESIS' being the code for the door in Birkin's lab in N64 RE2, and now we have Wesker's voice in a mode where you can fully customise a number of different functions, including putting RPD patches on your uniform. We also have dialogue to the effect of 'news of my death was very much exaggerated' but that dialogue was also deleted - precisely to prevent wild fan speculation and fuel something that was simply not happening. I've said all along that the premise of multiplayer - corporations battling it out in a post RE6 timeline - is canonical, but the actual specifics of multiplayer, the levels, the customisation, the dialogue, and the individual matches is largely gibberish. Look at the Tricell level for example. It's a small, contained building on a populated island with a few dogs and a couple of dozen zombies running round. We fight there chronologically in 2012. So would that seriously be in the same state 4 years later in 2016? Likewise Lanshiang. Four years after the events of RE6, a small market in the middle of the city is still sealed off with zombies running around? Yeah, right...

Another example to support this is found in the Biohazard 7 Kaitai Shinsho itself which explains Chris and an investigation team was looking for Eveline in October 2014, which is right before the Annabelle crashes in the storm. Now we know Chris is the real Chris of course, so if Blue Umbrella were still not around in 2016 as goes the lore of multiplayer, Wesker-living Umbrella Corps, then why is Chris working with what has to be Red Umbrella chasing down Eveline two years earlier? Many fans have said they simply cannot accept Chris being associated at all with Umbrella, even the 'good' Blue Umbrella - yet here he is with the red faction, the same evil bastards performing 'The Experiments' in 2012/13 and killing off their own soldiers in the name of science. This leaves the distinct possibility that Blue Umbrella was already around in 2014 which provides confirmation the specific details of Umbrella Corps multiplayer are indeed irrelevant. I've seen some people argue that Chris could simply be with the B.S.A.A. tracking down Eveline in 2014 but this is a weak argument. The B.S.A.A. likely don't even know of Eveline's existence, and The Connections specifically moved her because they feared her abduction by a rival organisation. The B.S.A.A. are not a rival organisation to The Connections, whereas Umbrella Corporation definitively are. To further emphasise this, all the references to Umbrella in the 7 kaitai shinsho are just as 'investigation team'. The only mention of Umbrella at all is the character corrolation chart which is how we can prove Umbrella and HCF are one and the same. Finally, if Chris and the B.S.A.A. were hunting Eveline for whatever reason in October 2014, is there any reason at all why the guidebook would simply not just say this? 

Then there is the extract about immortality in the REV2 guidebook. Well obviously straight away Wesker did not achieve immortality in a literal sense because he died very shortly after this by way of losing his head thanks to two rockets and being consumed by lava. If the virus did grant him immortaliity than he would have survived. Likewise Uroboros' only real weakness is extreme temperatures so unfortunately for him he really was standing in the wrong place at the time. No tissue fragments would have remained in that lava. We also know that Wesker absorbed a large amount of the virus from the missiles which also affected him. The virus does slowly begin to consume him as RE5's climactic battle plays out. Once enough damage is caused, Uroboros takes over his other arm completely. Had he taken the required dosage of Uroboros, then he may well have gained immortality but the circumstances as played out in 5 show this was definitely not the case. 

No other game in the series has hinted at Wesker coming back. Revelations 2 would have been the perfect place to start such a plotline but absolutely nothing is suggested. Capcom themselves admitted trying to find a way to bring him back for RE6 but then decided to dismiss the idea because they could not find a plausible way to do it. According to a recent podcast with DC Douglas he even recorded dialogue for RE2 Raid mode that had he and Alex conversing together in hell, again suggesting he is dead. Finally, interviews with Capcom producers found on the Vendetta DVD were asked if the man we now know as Glenn Arias could be Wesker and they said no because Wesker was dead at this point in the timeline. 

If Capcom were to truly bring Wesker back and risk the integrity of the storyline with such a massive retcon, it would have to be to bring the original Wesker back, otherwise it is pointless. A clone, an individual with Wesker's memories copied across, or an AI using Wesker's voice imprint would obviously not be the original character and therefore would be ultimately meaningless.

Who are 'The Connections'?

-Interestingly they appear to be some kind of bog-standard criminal organisation considering their interests include drugs, murder, money laundering and arms traffiking. They don't seem to be some kind of grand pharmaceutical giant capable of creating the E-Series bioweapon, however we already know from Lucas' e-mails in the base game that this is indeed the case. 'The Connections' is also a strange name and the whole criminal enterprise angle could just be a front for something larger at play here. What we can confirm is that they are a separate organisation from Umbrella Corp itself and not some kind of rogue faction. Although this appears obvious in the base game with Lucas contacting an 'unknown third party' and Umbrella suspecting who that is, the 'Redfield' trailer confirms this because the HUD display tells us Umbrella do not know when The Connections were founded, who their members are or where they are located. My theory at this stage is that The Connections are the ones that discovered the mold, but they needed the resources and expertise of the rival company/HCF to manufacture its use into biological weapons. I think The Connections betrayed the rival company in the same manner Morgan Lansdale did to Tricell and that is what has stoked up the rivalry between them and why Umbrella have been trying to get Eveline back ever since.

 

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

CAPCOM's official trailer releases indicate that Chris has been invited to Umbrella for this specific mission after they obtained information. He hasn't been working with them since 2014, and there is no evidence to suggest that's when the company was revived. All indications thus far point to 2015 or 2016, the latter being most likely since that marks the official end of the Umbrella Corps story.

Chris was most likely with the BSAA chasing Eveline in 2014. This is supported by the "hostile organization" terminology used in the Orders file that was meant to muddy the waters of Chris and his employment, leaving it vague as to whether it was an organization like the BSAA or a company. The word "rival" isn't used. The guidebook wouldn't mention the investigation unit being the BSAA in 2014 for the same reason as the file, and also because the guide authors simply weren't told.

Quote:
According to a recent podcast with DC Douglas he even recorded dialogue for RE2 Raid mode that had he and Alex conversing together in hell, again suggesting he is dead.

They have character-specific speech options in RAID Mode.

Quote:
Then there is the extract about immortality in the REV2 guidebook. Well obviously straight away Wesker did not achieve immortality in a literal sense because he died very shortly after this by way of losing his head thanks to two rockets and being consumed by lava. If the virus did grant him immortaliity than he would have survived.

That is the point. Immortality accompanied by a Wolverine-like healing factor invalidates this, and the effect would be similar to what we see with the Mold in 7, something Wesker has been retroactively tied to and may have used somehow. The fact that regenerating from a single tissue fragment was already a feature of his original prototype virus leaves little doubt that Uroboros adaptation can achieve this too, considering it is the "perfect virus" and especially since the likes of Uroboros Mkono could have their body suddenly burst with tentacles and then heal immediately (prior to being rejected).

Personally I doubt it's a literal revival.

__________________

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Captain Redfield's picture
Joined: 09/16/2016
Posts: 228
User offline. Last seen 43 min 16 sec ago.

Good read, I've been saying the exact same thing regarding Wesker's revival. He's dead and gone for good, no turning back from that.

__________________

"Trust is built through actions, not words..."

- Chris Redfield

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago.

News Bot wrote:

CAPCOM's official trailer releases indicate that Chris has been invited to Umbrella for this specific mission after they obtained information. He hasn't been working with them since 2014, and there is no evidence to suggest that's when the company was revived. All indications thus far point to 2015 or 2016, the latter being most likely since that marks the official end of the Umbrella Corps story.

Chris was most likely with the BSAA chasing Eveline in 2014. This is supported by the "hostile organization" terminology used in the Orders file that was meant to muddy the waters of Chris and his employment, leaving it vague as to whether it was an organization like the BSAA or a company. The word "rival" isn't used. The guidebook wouldn't mention the investigation unit being the BSAA in 2014 for the same reason as the file, and also because the guide authors simply weren't told.

Well that's the key question. But I firmly believe the 'investigation team' mentioned in the book alludes to Umbrella because that term is how they are referenced throughout the book. Literally the only time Umbrella is mentioned is inside the character corrollation chart, and even that was with a question mark because no aspects of the DLC are included in the book. The trailers also don't convey anything solid to suggest Chris was hired for this particular mission either. Umbrella Corps 'story' is just the premise of multiplayer until something else presents itself to back up the specific events that occur. I'd have the same outlook on that even if Wesker's voice was not featured. 

'Hostile' and 'rival' are pretty much interchangable. Many times in the past we've had translated tests referring to the rival company as a 'rival organisation to Umbrella' or an 'organisation hostile to Umbrella.' It is termed hostile organisation in the file to keep it ambiguous for the ending of the game. Just the same as why Umbrella are referred to as an 'unknown organisation' in Heavenly Island. They don't want to blow their load too early.

News Bot wrote:

That is the point. Immortality accompanied by a Wolverine-like healing factor invalidates this, and the effect would be similar to what we see with the Mold in 7, something Wesker has been retroactively tied to and may have used somehow. The fact that regenerating from a single tissue fragment was already a feature of his original prototype virus leaves little doubt that Uroboros adaptation can achieve this too, considering it is the "perfect virus" and especially since the likes of Uroboros Mkono could have their body suddenly burst with tentacles and then heal immediately (prior to being rejected).

Personally I doubt it's a literal revival.

I would agree had he taken the presribed recommended dosage as outlined in the files, maybe he would have become immortal. But considering he had already poisoned his system with an overdose of PG67AW, then took an entire missile worth's of Uroboros into his system and became more and more consumed by the virus as the fight went on, I think it negates any possible immortality effect. Likewise the lava would have vaporised all of him, leaving no tissue fragments behind for him to regenerate. Point is - he died and therefore was never immortal.

It not being a literal revival would make the whole escapade pointless. Fans miss the original character and want him back, to cheat that by having some kind of cyborg or a Red Queen esque AI with Wesker's voice would be incredibly cheap making me wonder why they would bother in the first place.

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

Wesker Child
Weskers Report's picture
Joined: 02/24/2017
Posts: 219
User is online

so because of the special strain T-Virus virus administered to Wesker by Birkin he had to take PG67AW the rest of his life to remain what? stable?

and an overdose of PG67AW weakened him + the amount of Uroboros he took out of the missle = him being mortal at the time of the rockets colliding into his head in the laval?

just want clarity on all this.

Wesker didn't take Uroboros until the end of the game where he obtained it from the missle so even he (until the very end) did not know he would be a perfect adapter of the virus yet he was going to judge the whole world by how they would adapt to the virus?

 

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

Guidebooks don't cover unreleased story. It's all vague for a reason. Nothing supports 2014 thus far except if you leap with the ambiguity.

What does the BSAA rival The Connections in? They are not synonyms. Hostile is used specifically because it is vague. You're right that they don't want to blow their load too early yet you're blowing all over the place...

The "prescribed dosage" isn't a factor considering literally scattering it to the winds for six billion people and even more animals isn't a "precise dosage." I have a feeling the adapters would all have turned out like Wesker and the cysts would have metabolized as seen with Mkono.

Lava doesn't work in fiction like it does in real life and B.O.W.'s have been able to survive it without much bother at all let alone one created by the "perfect virus." Considering Uroboros is meant to be superior in every way once adapted, it's not hard to imagine Wesker surviving in lava, even if a fragment, which would more than likely not be found in lava.

__________________

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago.

Weskers Report wrote:

so because of the special strain T-Virus virus administered to Wesker by Birkin he had to take PG67AW the rest of his life to remain what? stable?

and an overdose of PG67AW weakened him + the amount of Uroboros he took out of the missle = him being mortal at the time of the rockets colliding into his head in the laval?

just want clarity on all this.

Wesker didn't take Uroboros until the end of the game where he obtained it from the missle so even he (until the very end) did not know he would be a perfect adapter of the virus yet he was going to judge the whole world by how they would adapt to the virus?

The experimental virus was unstable and PG67AW was developed to counteract this, but as Jill says in the game the amounts administered has to be precise otherwise it will act like a poison and weaken him. This is the state he is in when he infects himself with Uroboros at the end. He also absorbed far too much of the virus. Both of these aspects is why he was able to be defeated and therefore was not immortal. Had he taken the virus in controlled conditions, or even just defeated Chris and Sheva and had time to recover, the results may well have been different and as the Rev2 guidebook says he may well have achieved immortality.

Technically yes he wouldn't know if he would be an adapter but for obvious reasons he was always going to be. Regardless of how he looks during the final battle, he did adapt to the virus and he could control the pustules but because of the PG67AW effects and the large amount of Uroboros he absorbed, he overcame his limit and thus was able to be killed.

News Bot wrote:

Guidebooks don't cover unreleased story. It's all vague for a reason. Nothing supports 2014 thus far except if you leap with the ambiguity.

What does the BSAA rival The Connections in? They are not synonyms. Hostile is used specifically because it is vague. You're right that they don't want to blow their load too early yet you're blowing all over the place...

Guidebooks cover plenty of unreleased story, you of all people know that. Hostile is used precisely because Umbrella are hostile to The Connections. The B.S.A.A. may not even know they exist. Plus there is no reason why the B.S.A.A. would want to 'steal' Eveline either. 

News Bot wrote:

The "prescribed dosage" isn't a factor considering literally scattering it to the winds for six billion people and even more animals isn't a "precise dosage." I have a feeling the adapters would all have turned out like Wesker and the cysts would have metabolized as seen with Mkono.

According to the materials the prescribed dosage is very much a factor. 

Quote:

Due to these characteristics, it was decided to handle live human subjects with extreme caution, and dosages were strictly controlled according to the subject's body weight - 1 vial for body masses over 60kg 2/3 vials for body weights between 40 and 60kg, and so on. Even the slightest miscalculation of dosage would significantly increase the chances of the subject's death. Since symptoms such as sweatiness, breathing difficulty, or confusion would occur. Even with the correct dosage, subjects were thought to be under significant physical burden.

Therefore it is quite easy to see that aborbing the entire contents of a Uroboros missile will have affected the result. Detonating the virus in the atmosphere would still not equate to people taking in the same amount Wesker did in a matter of seconds. 

News Bot wrote:

Lava doesn't work in fiction like it does in real life and B.O.W.'s have been able to survive it without much bother at all let alone one created by the "perfect virus." Considering Uroboros is meant to be superior in every way once adapted, it's not hard to imagine Wesker surviving in lava, even if a fragment, which would more than likely not be found in lava.

It maybe regarded as a 'perfect virus' but it can still be destroyed. Extreme heat manages this just fine after prolonged exposure. Being exposed to the lava and sinking beneath it completely would ensue his body would be destroyed faster than it could repair itself. 

 

In a nutshell, I need something more than a bit of DC Douglas dialogue in a multiplayer mode of a poorly-received spin off game Capcom said is not about the story to convince me of Albert Wesker's miraculous resurrection.

*The Executive is a canonical character but it is not Wesker. He is never named outright nor his appearance described in The Experiment. If it was Wesker then it makes no sense how the organisation's own employees like Abraham Jackson don't know who he is. And why isn't he just named as the executive if we hear his voice in the multiplayer modes anyway? What is the benefit of keeping it vague unless it isn't him or the character isn't really that significant? 

*Any non-English speaking gamer will have absolutely no clue Wesker is even in the game at all.

*The dialogue pertaining to his resurrection was deleted. For what reason could this be other than to curb wild speculations?

*No evidence of his revival in any other game or media.

*The AW01 archives still support the notion he is dead and gone.

What amazes me is that people somehow buy into this resurrection nonsense more than this executive being just a new character. Like Chris being Chris, the simplest explanation is usually the case. There's nothing stating the executive is the leader of Umbrella either, that's just fabricated. Whether he turns up again is anyone's guess, but I don't think he will. He served his role in Umbrella Corps. 

I can't wait for the DLC to close the book on Wesker. 

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

Horror Survivalist
Joined: 08/11/2017
Posts: 14
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 57 sec ago.

References to the Executive and his significance to the plans of BU litter UCorps, along with many connections to Albert.

The entire plotline is heavily centered around Wesker, his original plans, his research, and his leadership role in the Rival Org.

The only possible alternative to his being Wesker (clone, original, guy with his memories, whatever) is his being an imposter who is hiding his identity (and DNA), and there is less evidence for that than the alternatives.

 

PG67AW didn't affect Wesker's infection with Uroboros either. I believe he was in an intermediary stage, like Mkono, only prolonged due to heavy dosage.

Lava is meaningless when you take into account precedents. Wesker had rockets go off in his hands before.

The only reason the death in 5 could have transpired is because of PG67AW weakening him. New information suggests he adapted to Uroboros, which would more than make up for that.

They may not use that, and opt for Mold intervention or Alex scheming, but the possibility of him just surviving on his own definitely exists.

__________________

Diagnosed Capcom Apologetic and Body Horror Enthusiast.

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

Quote:
Guidebooks cover plenty of unreleased story, you of all people know that. Hostile is used precisely because Umbrella are hostile to The Connections. The B.S.A.A. may not even know they exist. Plus there is no reason why the B.S.A.A. would want to 'steal' Eveline either.

Guidebooks spoil the story for sequels or DLC? Your suggestion is not only bogus, but  wishful thinking to try and cook the books on what you can present as evidence.

Hostile is used because it is vague. The Connections is likely to be the organization mentioned by Chris in Heavenly Island, so there's also the possibiliy that the BSAA are fully aware of them. Eveline was moved because of the possibility a hostile organization could target her, but there's no indication they knew Umbrella specifically was already on their tail.

Quote:
Therefore it is quite easy to see that aborbing the entire contents of a Uroboros missile will have affected the result. Detonating the virus in the atmosphere would still not equate to people taking in the same amount Wesker did in a matter of seconds.

That file says "Even the slightest miscalculation of dosage would significantly increase the chances of the subject's death." as well as "Even with the correct dosage, subjects were thought to be under significant physical burden." Doesn't sound like it would be wise to launch it by missile and accidentally kill the people you're seeking because you were a milligram off. Not a factor like I said, and irrelevant to the topic of Wesker returning to begin with. He is stated to have adapted, overcame his limit, and achieved immortality.

Quote:
It maybe regarded as a 'perfect virus' but it can still be destroyed. Extreme heat manages this just fine after prolonged exposure. Being exposed to the lava and sinking beneath it completely would ensue his body would be destroyed faster than it could repair itself.

Extreme heat thus far only affects non-adapted Uroboros. It did little to nothing to Wesker.

Quote:
In a nutshell, I need something more than a bit of DC Douglas dialogue in a multiplayer mode of a poorly-received spin off game Capcom said is not about the story to convince me of Albert Wesker's miraculous resurrection.

Whether it's a "poorly-received spin off game" is irrelevant, because it is canon. That's you resorting to poisoning the well.

Quote:
*The Executive is a canonical character but it is not Wesker.

~citation needed~. Been talking to CAPCOM have we?

Quote:
*Any non-English speaking gamer will have absolutely no clue Wesker is even in the game at all.

Japanese people cannot discern English voices? Particularly one they've heard since 2009? The Asian version also includes multilingual dialogue, not that it would matter since the entire series was only spoken in English between 1996-2012. This is a straw grasp.

Quote:
*No evidence of his revival in any other game or media.

Because suddenly Umbrella Corps is arbitrary because it strongly implies things you don't like.

Quote:
*The AW01 archives still support the notion he is dead and gone.

As will anything until he actually returns. This isn't groundbreaking.

__________________

The Monopoly Guy
Neptune's picture
Joined: 12/30/2007
Posts: 1925
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 37 min ago.

I would be amazed and disappointed if Wesker came back. It would be such a weak move by capcom and at the moment the evidence is just as strong to suggest someone is impersonating Wesker than it is the man himself returning.

 

Too much grasping at straws from a pretty minor non canonical element of a game. Skipping back a generation or so it would be like trying to point all your hopes on the main numbered series on Survivor or Dead Aim. 

__________________


"You're gunna need a bigger boat"
Neo Umbrella - that's a great name! ~~ BatMan

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

Quote:
Too much grasping at straws from a pretty minor non canonical element of a game. Skipping back a generation or so it would be like trying to point all your hopes on the main numbered series on Survivor or Dead Aim.

Saying so doesn't make it so.

__________________

The Monopoly Guy
Neptune's picture
Joined: 12/30/2007
Posts: 1925
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 37 min ago.

No it doesn't but saying the opposite doesn't prove it either.

 

All anyone can do is speculate. Evidence is sparse and as I said, objectively there is same amount of evidence that we have someone aspiring to be Wesker than we do as Wesker returning himself.

 

There's no point saying realistically one way or the other , other than highlight what evidence there is. Which is minimal .

 

I would verge on the side of caution. I would agree that Rev2 really would have been the ideal opportunity to properly tease his return, not in a non canon mutliplayer mode.

__________________


"You're gunna need a bigger boat"
Neo Umbrella - that's a great name! ~~ BatMan

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago.

EvilResident wrote:

References to the Executive and his significance to the plans of BU litter UCorps, along with many connections to Albert.

The entire plotline is heavily centered around Wesker, his original plans, his research, and his leadership role in the Rival Org.

Yes I'm well aware of that, but it doesn't alter the fact he is very much dead and gone at that point. The Executive is in charge of The Experiment, he's a legendary man within the organisation and everyone is afraid of him. That doesn't mean it automatically has to be Wesker. The plotline is centered around CQBZ which is the core focus of that particular game because it is a multiplayer shooter. Do you really think CQBZ is gonna feature in any other game going forward?

EvilResident wrote:

The only possible alternative to his being Wesker (clone, original, guy with his memories, whatever) is his being an imposter who is hiding his identity (and DNA), and there is less evidence for that than the alternatives.

Here's an alternative. The Executive is a member of the rival company that was loyal to Wesker's faction in 2004 when the events of Resident Evil 4 occurred. After Wesker left the rival organisation in 2006, this individual has assumed control or influence and has continued Wesker's plans to revive Umbrella. He has discovered Wesker's secret anti-BOW research and utilised it in a way Wesker himself would not and assisted agencies like the B.S.A.A. to atone for the original Umbrella's dark legacy and thus revive the corporation. That is the simplest and most likely explanation as opposed to a clone, cyborg, memory transfer, whatever. This executive is not trying to imitate Wesker, he is just a separate person who no doubt believed in his vision. - The multiplayer dialogue where we hear Wesker's voice is just an easter egg, exactly the same as Ozzy Man Reviews is in Call of Duty - unless you believe he is canonical to that universe?

EvilResident wrote:

PG67AW didn't affect Wesker's infection with Uroboros either. I believe he was in an intermediary stage, like Mkono, only prolonged due to heavy dosage.Lava is meaningless when you take into account precedents. Wesker had rockets go off in his hands before.

It certainly did have an effect, as did the amount he absorbed. Both affected the ultimate outcome. He was an adapter and he could control the pustules, but the amount he took in, coupled with his weakened state and the damage from Chris and Sheva all combined to bring about his ultimate downfall. And swimming in Lava is significantly different to having an explosion go off in your face. Wesker caught rockets when he was not in a weakened state and you seem to be conveniently omitting the fact that when the two rockets took him out, he was slowly being consumed by the lava and his face was totally exposed because his arms were locked onto the helicopter.

EvilResident wrote:
The only reason the death in 5 could have transpired is because of PG67AW weakening him. New information suggests he adapted to Uroboros, which would more than make up for that.

They may not use that, and opt for Mold intervention or Alex scheming, but the possibility of him just surviving on his own definitely exists.

But it's not new information, we already know he's an adaptor. But the fact he took in too much of the virus is why he never became immortal. His head was blown up and his body was totally immersed in molten rock which eventually destroyed it as Uroboros is fundamentally weakened by extreme temperature. The possibility of him just surviving on his own certainly does not 'definitely exist.'

News Bot wrote:

Guidebooks spoil the story for sequels or DLC? Your suggestion is not only bogus, but  wishful thinking to try and cook the books on what you can present as evidence.

I never said that did I? I said there is no reason why the book would not mention Chris went after Eveline with the B.S.A.A. if that is indeed what happened. That is not spoiling the story for a future DLC and the suggestion is not bogus whatsoever. It's just yet another example of you just ignoring what's right in front of you because it doesn’t fit your own personal desire for the story. And it cannot be that bad of a suggestion since you were the one trying to suggest the Annabelle was literally attacked by Umbrella when in actual fact it was never attacked at all.

News Bot wrote:

Hostile is used because it is vague. The Connections is likely to be the organization mentioned by Chris in Heavenly Island, so there's also the possibiliy that the BSAA are fully aware of them. Eveline was moved because of the possibility a hostile organization could target her, but there's no indication they knew Umbrella specifically was already on their tail.

Yes hostile is used because it is a rival group to The Connections, which is exactly what Umbrella are. And considering the upcoming DLC is essentially Umbrella against The Connections then it's far more likely to be true. The whole game is an indication of them knowing Umbrella was on their tail, as evidenced by the surveillance picture in the mines. Plus again, the B.S.A.A. would have no need to steal Eveline, which is what The Connections were afraid of and why she was moved in the first place.

News Bot wrote:

That file says "Even the slightest miscalculation of dosage would significantly increase the chances of the subject's death." as well as "Even with the correct dosage, subjects were thought to be under significant physical burden." Doesn't sound like it would be wise to launch it by missile and accidentally kill the people you're seeking because you were a milligram off. Not a factor like I said, and irrelevant to the topic of Wesker returning to begin with. He is stated to have adapted, overcame his limit, and achieved immortality.

It still explains why taking in an entire missile worth's would not be good, even if you were an adaptor. And he didn't achieve immortality because he is dead and gone, probably for that exact reason. I have no doubt dispersing Uroboros ‘Alien Covenant Fassbender style’ would not be good for anyone, but that’s not the point here.

News Bot wrote:

Extreme heat thus far only affects non-adapted Uroboros. It did little to nothing to Wesker.

That’s just you guessing. The files and guidebooks clearly explain the base Uroboros virus is weakened against extreme heat. And apart from slowly melting away his body, If it did nothing to Wesker he could have just hauled himself back out. But he couldn't because his legs were cooking.

News Bot wrote:

Whether it's a "poorly-received spin off game" is irrelevant, because it is canon. That's you resorting to poisoning the well.

It's not irrelevant when Capcom told us right from the very start that Umbrella Corps was never going to be about the story and that the multiplayer battles were the story.  I’ve no issue with the game being canonical, but I don’t value the entirely of multiplayer as canon because there are too many variables. The overall premise is all that’s needed.

News Bot wrote:

Japanese people cannot discern English voices? Particularly one they've heard since 2009? The Asian version also includes multilingual dialogue, not that it would matter since the entire series was only spoken in English between 1996-2012. This is a straw grasp.

Again no. The games pre-2009 all had Wesker named outright in dialogue, subtitles and files available in other languages, plus we actually saw him. Umbrella Corps has none of these, therefore there is no way to tell he is in the game. If the shoe was on the other foot, I doubt Capcom would reveal the series biggest ever major retcon on the hopes that Western audiences would recognise Wesker's Japanese voice actor from a few lines in a multiplayer only mode. Do you?

 

On the contrary, I like Umbrella Corps and I lke what it adds to the story, I'm just not seeing Wesker as a literal part of that because there's nothing to back that up.

Like it or not, the only story material we have pertaining to 7 suggests he is dead. But go ahead and ignore it like you ignored the evidence about Chris by all means. 

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

Joined: 04/21/2009
Posts: 136
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago.

I really really hope Wesker's resurrection won't happen. 

That said, I find suspect all these allusions in Umbrella Corps and I can alsmost feel the ghost of Wesker in RE7 (His weapons, H.C.F, "new" Umbrella...) 

It's almost as if Capcom is just testing fans to see their reactions with this. They give enough elements to make Wesker's comeback plausible but, at the same, not enough evidence to clearly confirm it. 

I can totally see Capcom bringing Wesker back someday. It will happen when they will have no clue where to push the story forward and, basically, when the series will turn into complete shit. That day the series will have officially jumped the shark. 

 

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago.

He is back. Just not in a literal sense. He's basically achieved one of his original goals from beyond the grave which adds a completely new layer to his character. His ghost still casts a large shadow over the series and that's how it should be. Ironically that is what makes him kind of immortal. 

I've no doubt he'll return in a literal sense someday too in either a flashback or a prequel but based on what we've got before us at the moment, I certainly wouldn't worry about any miraculous 'jump the shark' resurrections.

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

Quote:
On the contrary, I like Umbrella Corps and I lke what it adds to the story, I'm just not seeing Wesker as a literal part of that because there's nothing to back that up.

Nothing else you say is worth replying to if you maintain this mindset of willful ignorance. The fact that you've been fighting this little battle for several years now should tell you that there is indeed something to back it up, otherwise it wouldn't be such a consistent talking point. You constantly try to make your word final with rampant speculation presented as fact, and it's not worth engaging anymore, you find some way to rationalize everything around something you've made up your mind on for years irrespective of any evidence that follows.

Also the REV2 guide specifically states that Wesker achieved immortality. The dosage is unimportant and your hypothetical scenario about it is inconsistent, not to mention makes no effort to rationalize the fact that dosage didn't matter for Wesker's actual spreading of it.

__________________

Joined: 04/21/2009
Posts: 136
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago.

However, I'm totally on board with someone impersonating Wesker. Capcom could fool us into believing Wesker is returning by using old unseen footage of him and/or the same kind of trick Carla used in RE6. That could potentially be great. 

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

I've always maintained that he is back "in some form," I vouch for none in particular. I find the constant declarations of "no evidence" to be tiresome though, even though somehow people manage to talk about this non-existent evidence and I've been translating and listening to it.

__________________

Problem Eliminator
TheBatMan's picture
Joined: 11/05/2017
Posts: 17
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 49 min ago.

News Bot wrote:

Nothing else you say is worth replying to if you maintain this mindset of willful ignorance. The fact that you've been fighting this little battle for several years now should tell you that there is indeed something to back it up, otherwise it wouldn't be such a consistent talking point. You constantly try to make your word final with rampant speculation presented as fact, and it's not worth engaging anymore, you find some way to rationalize everything around something you've made up your mind on for years irrespective of any evidence that follows.

Also the REV2 guide specifically states that Wesker achieved immortality. The dosage is unimportant and your hypothetical scenario about it is inconsistent, not to mention makes no effort to rationalize the fact that dosage didn't matter for Wesker's actual spreading of it.

You mean you can't disprove any of it. The evidence is there, you've just no care to see it for what it is because it goes against your personal wishes for where you want the series to go. You don't want to engage further, suits me fine, but don't kid yourself it's all irrelevant. 

And it doesn't matter what the REV2 guidebook says, RE5 shows Wesker clearly never achieved immortality in a literal sense.

I just hope the DLC answers the question definitively, because I can't be bothered with another year of this shit.

__________________

projectumbrella.podbean.com

Keeper of Lore
News Bot's picture
Joined: 12/22/2007
Posts: 2624
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 8 min ago.

There is nothing to prove or disprove right now, you've been blabbering for over a year with the exact same fundamental argument. With a month left to go before we get some answers, you decide to open it up again but reiterate extra hard that you know better. Tiresome.

Biological immortality is not the same as "indesctructible." Lisa Trevor was immortal, but died in the mansion explosion. You claimed Wesker didn't gain immortality yet you are contradicted by CAPCOM, then when proven wrong, you turn around and say "it doesn't matter what it says." All you've done is prove my point about you.

This particular discussion will go nowhere just like the last five attempts as you are incapable of accepting even a "wait-and-see" approach. Locked.

__________________